We need you to help make sure that the Government listens to the Commission on RE and that it acts on its recommendations. You can help by doing the following:
- Write to your MP explaining why they need to know about the Commission on RE’s report, and why they should act on its recommendations. You can download a template letter to use for writing to your MP: Template Letter to MP. If you don’t know who your MP is, simply type your postcode in on this site and it will tell you: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/. You can write to your MP at or you can email them direct. Email addresses of individual MPs are available here: https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/.
- Write to the Headteacher of your local school. Write as a parent, as a teacher, or as a member of the local community to make sure the headteacher knows about the Commission on RE’s report and to ask them about the provision of RE at their school. You can download a template letter to use here: Template Letter to Headteacher.
- Download and share our leaflet explaining why we need change, and what the Commission’s recommendations mean. Religion and Worldviews Leaflet.
- Join the conversation online by Tweeting about the Commission’s report, using the hashtags #FutureOfRE and #CoREReport2018 and tagging @CommissionOnRE in your Tweets.
- Watch and share the video introducing the Commission’s vision for RE: https://youtu.be/-A9szVaN-wo